Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kristin's Day 11 - Today was better

So, as you might have read...yesterday sucked. Today was better.

It was a NON-STOP day. I sit here at 12:30...Micah just went to sleep. I substitute taught today and Younglife Club was tonight. Subbing and YL are two of my favorite things. I had great kids today during school and then again at my house tonight. Today was so much better.

I'm still reading this book 'Flesh' by Hugh Halter. It's pretty good. The chapter I read today was reminding me that I am not responsible for what God is responsible for.

Well, duh! (you might think)

It's a simple truth, but we do not act like we believe it. We feel like it's our job, responsibility, duty even to make people accept the love the God has for them. Albeit important for us to be willing to be part of that process - it is NOT our responsibility to make people choose God. IT'S NOT. We might be able to speak to someone when they are hurting, make dinner or clean or provide money for those in need. The list goes on, but it's God that does the work, rather did the work through Jesus Christ.

I needed to be reminded of that again. I think I need to be reminded of that almost everyday. I need to seek God for the wisdom, understanding, compassion, and love that I need to navigate this world I live in and to love the people I'm given the opportunity to live life with.

Breakfast: Green Goodness juice from Bolthouse

Lunch: popchips with hummus, bean thread spaghetti, and a banana

Dinner: spinach with cold salad on top (sounds redundant lol), some fries, and grapes/strawberries

Here are some of the reasons why I love my high school friends...they are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment