Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Twenty-four hours~Kelly's Day 32

Twenty-four hours ago, I was in a cerebral scramble. I didn't know where to start, who to ask, how things would piece together to make our trip to Haiti happen, who would watch the dog whose vaccinations expired roughly five years ago, how I would get my house clean, how I would get all he garage sale stuff out of my dining room..the list goes on and on, and those were just the concerns that would enable us to leave Lake Wylie.

Today, one friend is watching two of my kids. Another friend is watching the Pixie-pray for her. Her name is Britta. She's German. She can handle the redhead. Another friend is carting Tate to and from soccer. Yet another friend is carting Naomi to art lessons and to her school chorus concert next Tuesday (which we just found out about today). This friend is going to sit through not one, but TWO second grade concerts that night..AND, she's watching our old lady dog. That saved me a last minute trip to he vet. Another friend is sending her son over to pick up all the stuff in my dining room to sell at his youth group's yard sale fundraiser for their missions trip to Honduras. I called the cleaning people to come do a hard core cleaning tomorrow. Our tickets are booked, and I made and froze twenty meals today.

Kristin called today, and we had a pretty quick but humbling and inspiring conversation. A few people have asked me if this fast was for Lent. My answer has even confused me. "No."  I have not had an answer as to why we began before Ash Wednesday and will finish before Easter. It's just how God worked it out. For some reason, when Kristin and I hashed out when to begin, there was no real method to the starting line. However, as the adoption stuff ironed out, we both saw that God was bringing our boys home on the first day after we break fast. She asked me today when we were going to finish up, and I told her that I was going to end my fast April 6th because God will have answered and honored my fast. My plan from the beginning was to fast for forty days OR when we go to pick the boys up. It would essentially be impossible to continue this fast in Haiti since last time I was in Haiti, I had no fruit or vegetables the entire time I was there. 

Here's the kicker.
Kristin is finishing this fast on April 10th. 
She said she will continue on until she gets a text from me telling her that our boys are home.
HOME.
She is going to pray us home.
Humbled doesn't even begin, folks...

God created us to be in relationship. He says, "rejoice with those who rejoice, and mourn with those who mourn." He says two are better than one. If one falls, the other will pick him up. He says, "a rope with three strands is not easily broken." We are meant to do life together. I'm blessed to have people near and far that I felt comfortable asking to watch my kids, cart them around town and watch my dog (although, I'm considering not ever picking the dog up). I'm doubly blessed to see how clearly God has pieced this all together at the end. I'm blown away at how perfectly this all timed out! I know That God allowed me to clearly see His timing so that I will remember His faithfulness when things get hard. 

'Tis Grace that brought me safe this far...and Grace will lead (them) home.



No comments:

Post a Comment