Saturday, April 5, 2014

Made it through six "TO DO" lists in four days~Kelly's Last Beyond Vegan Day

It's been a long week.
Some days I forgot to eat breakfast.
Some days I forgot to eat breakfast AND lunch.
One day I basically ate an entire bag of chips for dinner.
I have no idea what my family ate or who fed them, except on either Wednesday or Thursday.
Caroline fed Darby.
That much, I know.

It all began on Monday. Our boys went down to Port-Au-Prince to the US Embassy for their Visa appointment. I have no idea how that went. Maybe I can ask the boys when we get there, but Monday afternoon, we got "the call." We were told that we had travel dates of April 7-10. Yeah...ONE WEEK, FOLKS! I can't even tell you how quickly I snapped into scramble mode and still haven't come out. If I rattled off everything I've done today, you'd never believe me. It was supernatural strength and power. Not of me. All credit goes to the One whose timing is perfect.


In more Hills family news...you can go ahead and nominate me for "Mom-of-the-Year" award. Because, as I prepared to bring two MORE children into my home, I neglected the ONE who was home with me that day. You can guess which one felt the need to bathe her Barbie dolls. Hint: It's the one who is not yet in school full day. Life goes on, folks...even when you're in hyperdrive.
It goes on.


So, at some point, tickets were purchased, boys were added to our health insurance...tick, tock, tick, tock...my house was cleaned, clothes were purchased, twenty meals were made...tick, tock...two soccer practices, two gymnastics practices, agility training and two soccer games that were two hours away were attended...tick, tock, tick, tock...a yard was mowed, a garage was purged, bags were packed, plans were made for the kids, a rare phone call was answered, laundry was caught up...tick...tock...and it's Saturday night. I've been up since 5:30am. I'm beat, but I'm finished...and as ready as anyone could ever be who is planning to travel to the third world with one week's notice.

Things I did NOT get done include:
Yoga.
Dog grooming (as it turns out, they don't take expired rabies vaccinations...whatev.)
Rug purchasing (I guess I needed more than 10 minutes to pick out a rug for the dining room.


This means they're coming home, folks.
Things you can pray for:
~Transitions for our sons-out of the orphanage and into the guest house with us on Monday.
~Our time at God's Littlest Angels Orphanage~that we would ask the questions of the nannies etc that will help us know our sons better at home.
~That our flights would not be delayed on Thursday coming home, and that our trip through Immigration wouldn't be too painstakingly long.
~For our children that we're leaving stateside, and the families who have stepped up to care for them: The Whites, The Draholas, The Doughertys, and the Kleins
~That everyone would be WELL while we're gone!


Then, of course, there was my breakdown in the ethnic haircare aisle. I've since calmed down about it...a LOT. Turns out, it's really no biggie, and some things I'm going to try and like, and some things I'm going to try and not like, but MAN! Am I ever thankful for my friends who chimed in with tips!


There was my phone call with Tamera that led to this list-for Thursday alone. Thankful for organized people to help me think through things!


And, there was my 4 page dissertation to the caregivers for my children and dog.


And, there were all THESE lists...
...let's just say that I was a maniac list maker, and The Pixie decided to add to my "TO DO."
I think the list on the left says, "Get the Barbies and soap out of your tub, and you might want to turn the water off."


I know y'all have been praying for me this week. There is no other way I could have gone from 6am to 11pm every night and blown through my entire list of TO DOs in one week.

As humbly as I can say this, I'm so thankful that my fast will end tomorrow. I'm MORE thankful that Kristin has decided to stay the course until we all come home. I don't even know what to say about that. Entirely humbled.

Anyhow, we will have intermittent power (at best) while we're down there, I'm sure. That's how it all went down last time, but I will do my best to at least post short FB status updates, so y'all can follow there.

For the last time as a "Beyond Vegan"...
Grace and Peace!
~k

No comments:

Post a Comment