Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kristin's Day 34 - A sports injury?? I don't play sports...

I subbed at the high school on Tuesday. Then it was the track meet, then made dinner for the family and guests, then club. Crazy day.

Wednesday, I went to the doctor. I found out two things about myself.

1. I have lost approximately 5lbs. WHAT?
  • I look thinner. At least I thought I did.
  • All of my before being pregnant clothes fit
  • No - I have not gained muscle.
I'm sorry. I thought I would've lost SO much more. Humph. It's just a number. My clothes fit. I need to get over it. WHATEVER. I mean...I have lost almost 30lbs in the last six months. Why are we so obsessed with that number????? Dude.

2. I have tennis elbow in my right elbow
  • I do NOT play tennis
  • I thought this was a sports injury. Sports and I have a mutual agreement...we are not friends.
  • This has been bothering me for two months. When will this get better?
Again. Like seriously? I got a brochure on tennis elbow. It says that this is a sports injury, but you can also get it from having weak muscles. AWESOME. Ugh, I signed up for Body Pump today.

My energy levels have been pretty decent during the fast this time. If I have a full day, I find that my back/shoulders ache with exhaustion, but I am doing so much more this time versus two years ago when we did this fast. Does your body just adjust or remember stuff like this? It's amazing.

I got this new book. I probably should've bought it about 40 days ago, but hey...I'm not a planner lately.
Word of caution - if you don't handle cursing well - don't get this book. BUT, it's FULL of recommendations of great swap outs for those going vegan. Did you know that they make vegan chicken wings with nonGMO ingredients? There is so much that I have not discovered, but that's ok. This fast is more about seeking God for big things.

God is so good. Kelly's boys are coming home. I'm still believing for 24 girls to sign up for camp. We currently have 3. Good thing I don't focus on the numbers in this case (I know, I know - it's not transferring the weight number yet). God's got this. I'm praying and trusting.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally sympathize with the feeling. It's just inevitable to gain some weight when we have an activity-limiting injury. But I totally agree with you that they're just numbers. We can totally burn them off in no time! I hope the elbow is better now. And thanks for the book recommendation. All the best, Kristin!

    Alan @ ProClinix

    ReplyDelete