Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Kristin's Days 39 & 40 - Green Grass Dreams and Shattered Screens...





This is it. Only 24ish hours remain. What a journey this has been!

Yesterday, I went with my YL friend, Amanda, to Starbucks. They have a new line of products called Evolution. It features all natural cold pressed juices and freeze dried fruit/veggies. I was amazed that I could get something other than hot tea, so I tried the green juice out...
It tasted TERRIBLE. Like straight up grass with a hint of lemon. If you dig that kinda stuff, great, but at $6 a bottle???? I took it home. I hope to use it as a base for a smoothie. Yuck.

So...at club last night...this happened.
Someone stepped on it during a skit. It was a complete accident. This tablet is less than six months old. Here's the thing. I was not the least bit mad or upset. Like...not at all. I LOVE how God reminds us we're His and that he's changing us from the inside by things such as this.

Let me explain. Three years ago-this would've made me upset. Five years ago-this would've made me mad. (I used to cry hard core when Tally puked on our white carpets). Ten years ago-this would've made me unglued. I'm not the same person anymore. God is changing me.

I still have a LONG way to go. It's gonna take my whole life.

There's a song I used to sing as a kid

He's still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took him a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
A line I can't remeber
He's still working on me

No comments:

Post a Comment