Monday, March 30, 2015

Kelly's Day 40: Victory.

I never want to do this fast again. It's hard...really hard. It totally drains me every time. I should say, it totally drains my BODY every time, but my spirit? OH, it SOARS! My God proves His faithfulness every time I obey. This time around, He led me to people...He broke my heart for them.

My God is a God who pursues. He romances. He draws me in. He calls me His "beloved." He laid down His life for me. There is no greater love. He is central to who I am.

Entering into "Passion Week," I have been thinking about Jesus riding a donkey into Jerusalem:

"The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them. A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, 
'Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!' 'Hosanna in the highest!' 
When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, 'Who is this?' The crowds answered, 'This is Jesus'..." ~Matthew 21: 6-11




When Jesus entered into the town a few days before His crucifixion, "a very large crowd" was ushering Him in...giving Him their highest praise...laying down their clothes and palm branches so the donkey underneath Him wouldn't even get dirty! So great an event was this that the "whole city was stirred"! I've been to Jerusalem! It's a fantastic city! The maze of "half streets" lined with small booths selling anything and everything leaves you wanting to explore every nook and cranny! The buildings are still side by side, leaving no "open spaces. There are people everywhere...carts...noise...hustle bustle! This city "stirs" itself! But, when this JESUS entered the town, the WHOLE CITY WAS STIRRED! Leave it to Jesus to "stir the pot," right?! !) Hear this, the whole city was stirred...and asked..."WHO IS THIS?" You mean to tell me that the whole city wondered who this guy on the donkey was? Answer: Yes. People! When we enter onto the scene as followers of Jesus, there should also be a "stirring of the crowds" because we have the Holy Spirit with us. When we enter the scene, people should ask, "Who is this? What's so different about this person?" And, our answer? "JESUS."

I could go on and on, but please know this: This week, I bow down. I "throw my cloak" on the floor. I lay down palm branches for the One who volunteered. He took my place, covering over every single bit of "ugly" that comes from me. He entered in to Jerusalem, knowing what fate laid before Him. The very best I have to offer is to come before Him and "enter in" as well. He loves so abundantly, so faithfully. It is my hope that you would experience that love and sacrifice this Easter. Because, this Friday, "The God-Man," Jesus, died. The world went dark. The Temple veil was torn. The separation between God and man became a thing of the past. But, on Sunday, Jesus arose victorious...SO THAT...WE MAY ALSO RISE VICTORIOUS!!

"'Death has been swallowed up in victory.' 'Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?'" ~1 Corinthians 15: 54-55
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Grace and Peace until next year~
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment