Friday, March 20, 2015

KELLY and KRISTIN: DAY 30/31 reporting to you from Lake Wylie

Kelly and Kristin comin' ATCHA from LKW!
People.
She's in town.
LKW is Lake Wylie.
Now that we've sucked all the fun outta that...

Kristin was supposed to come down for Easter weekend, but she called yesterday to ask if she could come this weekend instead. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YES! So, she flew South for the winter storm. And, I do NOT use the term "flew" loosely here. She is the only one I know who can make the drive from Waynesboro to Lake Wylie in 6 hours. To put it in context, I've never made it in less than 7.5 hours...even when I haven't stopped during the trip for anything.

I haven't had time to clear anything off of my schedule, so I'm just going to proceed as planned. I taught Holy Yoga last night, and she came. Her practice was beautiful! I was so impressed that she's basically self taught! I went to a "yoga" class with her last time I was in town. They need more teachers in our little Waynesboro! Heather?! !) So, Kristin has a lot of natural flexibility from her dancing days. "Half splits" wasn't cutting it for her. She looked at me in half splits and asked me if something was supposed to be stretching. I gave her full splits, which she easily sank down into. Then, we made our way to the other side, where we heard a loud pop. Loud pops are GREAT...when you're eating Rice Krispies...or when it's the Fourth of July...not so much when it's coming from your friend's hip. I carried her up the stairs last night...joke. But, I should have.

So, Kristin had these big plans for her trip...you know, 'cause she's a PLANNER. Check out her post if you don't believe me. She was going to yoga, and Ashtanga with my teacher, and shop and...maybe more yoga...but...POP. She cried all night. She was so disappointed. If I were a crier, I would have cried, too. It was a sad, sad night. But, I'm no crier, and one of us had to be strong. She cried after my yoga class. She cried as she used the clutch in her car on the way to my house. She cried when she told her husband. She cried when she walked down the stairs backwards because it was the only direction that didn't hurt. We spent the evening scouring my yoga anatomy book trying to self diagnose...while she cried. After crying herself to sleep, she woke up 17 times crying. Joke. She woke up 17 times in pain and popped enough Ibuprofen to put a large elephant out of pain...and then she cried. Folks. She hasn't cried that much, and that will teach her (and y'all) to think twice before crying in front of ME again! !)

Kristin: "God is wrecking my plans."
Me: "Good."

So, we went to Ashtanga this morning, and my teacher just couldn't stand seeing her sitting in the corner, so he pulled her out and did what all amazing Ashtanga teachers do...he stood on her back, and pushed on her, pulled on her and bullied her around a bit. I think she sorta blew his mind, because he kept saying, "Huh." As in, "that should have hurt." However, having a full grown man standing on  your shoulders apparently does not compare to tearing your hamstring in half, which is probably why she felt no pain. Either that, or it temporarily got her mind off of her hip.

After Ashtanga, we went to Lunas and then the mall.
Now we're here at my house, and I officially know how to take a picture with my computer.
Like my new shirt?
Yes, that's my Christmas mug...but Kristin's tea is amazing!
(Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice)


GRACE AND PEACE~
Kelly and Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment