Monday, March 9, 2015

Kelly's Day 19: Kale Chips

I'm posting this on day 20.
Yesterday, we had two more soccer games. I ran out of time to go grocery shopping in preparation for our 8 soccer games this past weekend. Fortunately, we had enough to get me through Saturday, but Sunday? Not so much.

Fortunately, we had time in between games to run to the organic market in between games.

I have to add to the validity of Kristin's post about her Olive Garden options...People look at you pretty strangely when you "go against the grain," so-to-speak. I ordered a Veggie Spud at McAlister's Deli "minus the cheese." WHO DOES THAT? It's a pretty gross thing without cheese to most. It doesn't make sense to the maker of the baked potato, so they ALWAYS bring extra butter. HAHA! "Thanks, you can take that back. I don't eat butter, either." And, as a side note, I would also like to point out to you what my ten-year-old pointed out to me yesterday: "Why does OLIVE Garden have pictures of GRAPES in their logo? Shouldn't it be a picture of OLIVES?" Yes, Jean Marie, it SHOULD. I will never look at Olive Garden the same way again.

Did I mention that I made several of the soccer moms on our team try out my "Nasty Hot Kale Chips" at our games the other day? One very polite mom, Leann, said, "They aren't that bad. I would eat them again." Translation: "I'd eat them if they were the last food on the planet." Mom #2, Angela, ate them, and chased them down with the orange she was working on before she tried them. I don't think Angela will be trying them again. But, I have to wonder if the orange flavor she already had going on made for a negative impact on her experience. Mom #3 didn't seem overly disgusted, but she's French, and I feel like the French are up for anything when it comes to their food. I mean, who eats snails? And, Mom #4 did not like them one bit. She made that known. She will not be eating them again. I give her a two thumbs up for trying them. Try anything once, right? I still like them, but my kale chips went 0 for 4, which made me question the validity of these chips. Actually, the silica gel pack inside these organic kale chips is what actually had me questioning the validity first. I've never truly understood those. I just know that they come in MY SHOEBOX...and...MY FOOD. Anyone? Bueller?

I finished out my marathon soccer weekend subbing for someone's Gentle Holy Yoga class yesterday evening. There's not much I like about teaching Gentle yoga. It's not really for me. The fact that my husband came to class remedied the entire class for me. I didn't really have time to prepare a message yesterday. I wasn't really happy about that.

So, that was day 19 in a nutshell.
Oh. And, I ran out of my energy drink on Saturday, so I've sorta been dragging...
AND, we're almost halfway there.
Or, maybe we ARE halfway there.
Kristin counted the days in Lent this year, and it's something like 47 days, not 40. We cannot decide whether to continue through Lent or if we should stop at 40 days. Three years into this, and we don't know why it's 47 days instead of 40. We welcome any experts to explain to us why. Maybe Lent is NEVER 40 days? I'm confused. All I know is that on year ONE, God laid 40 days on my heart. Year ONE, we didn't fast for Lent. It was after Easter. Hey! At least you know we're not getting all legalistic on ya!

I'm tired.
Grace and Peace~
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment