Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kristin's Day 17 - A little late...Micah is...A HANDFUL!!!!!

Yesterday was busy. VERY busy. I did not have time to write a post, but some things happened that I wanted to tell you about.

1. I am no longer hungry. Like ever. I need to look at the clock and remember to eat. It's a wee bit crazy actually. When I first started this fast, I was HUNGRY all the time. I don't know if it's God or me entering an unhealthy mode of some sort? I no longer look to food for satisfaction of any kind. I'm almost sad because I really enjoy food! Maybe you smarties can help me out with what's going on...

2. I needed to run errands yesterday morning. Andy let me go without children. It was so liberating. I cannot remember the last time I went somewhere without someone else. I am learning that I need time to be alone. I cannot function well when I am constantly around others without time to be by myself. Does that make sense?

3. Micah. This kid. He is Friedman child #4 and requires a full-time Mommy/Daddy/Caregiver position 24/7. Andy and I are run ragged because he just doesn't seem to take 'no' for an answer...even after 50 times. It's exhausting. I put a post on FB yesterday, because for the first time in 10 years I had to gate off rooms and install drawer locks. Did you/Do you have a child like Micah? I may need a support group for counseling...

 I know, I know. He's cute. Yes. Agreed.

Nothing incredibly spiritual to report. However, I was thinking as I was gating off the office, 'I wonder if God has to do things like this with us?' I had to do it because Micah is somehow getting things like tacks and thinking they are a snack. These scriptures came to mind...

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.

Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation











We definitely have stages of spiritual maturity. I wonder if God has as much trouble training me as I am training Micah?? LOL! (Micah got his tenacity and stubbornness honest!) Oh my.



No comments:

Post a Comment