Sunday, March 15, 2015

Kelly's Day 25/26: Tired.

We had an old friend in from out of town for the weekend.
I know you've been on pins and needles waiting for an update...joke.
So, here goes:

I'm tired. I'm talking, my body is fatigued. So, what does someone with a tired body do? They go practice Ashtanga Yoga for an hour and a half, get ready, go to church, drive an hour and a half, hike two miles to a waterfall, drive an hour and a half back, make five lunches, shower two girls, read bedtime stories, store the trundle bed where it goes, does a load of laundry, pours a glass of OJ into a wine glass for a "nightcap," snuggles up to the computer to catch up on her blog posts and then realizes her sixth grader has a science project due tomorrow that is about a third of the way complete.

TWO WEEKS, man.
The kid has had this project for TWO WEEKS.
Help me, Jesus.

I think one thing was confirmed today. We had a guest pastor, who said something along the lines of "Talk and write about things that are burning a hole in you to get out." I've been working on my Holy Yoga Masters. We have a project we have to do to complete our Masters. And, yes. You're welcome to call me "Master Kelly" upon completion. !) Joke. Please, PLEASE don't. Anyhow, I THOUGHT I was going to organize this awesome weekend retreat. After talking with two different people, I believe God made it clear that I'm not supposed to do that for this project. I know what my giftings are, and organizing events...not my gifting. I'm not a paperwork/number cruncher kinda girl. So, I was thinking about writing a Bible Study. I don't know what would come of that, but I had at least narrowed down my project idea. Then, I was wondering "What topic? What person (I LOVE Peter. I could write about him all the day long)? How? What does it look like? Do I try to publish it?...etc." After hearing this "write about things that are burning a hold in your to get out" idea, it was clear.

My passion?
The lost.
The brokenhearted.
The wrecked.
The weary.

My personal "battle cry" is:
Beauty from Ashes!
Freedom!
Complete restoration!
Redemption!

THAT is what is burning a hole in me to get out! I almost feel like my "regular" Holy Yoga students think I'm a broken record sometimes! I wonder if they think "Another message about this topic?!" I could HEAR it all day! I could SHOUT IT from the rooftops all day!

So, there I have it!
My topic.
Now, don't start "pestering" me about "when my book is coming out." I have no plan to try to publish a darn thing. Right now, I ONLY plan to write out a bible study and see what God wants to come out of it upon completion.

Grace and Peace~
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment