Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kristin's Day 22: Bend or Break

'Much of our difficulty as seeking Christians stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly. We insist upon trying to modify Him and to bring Him nearer to our own image. The flesh whimpers against the rigor of God's inexorable sentence and begs like Agag for a little mercy, a little indulgence of its carnals ways. It is no use. We can get a right start only by accepting God as He is and learning to love Him for what He is. As we go on to know Him better we shall find it a source of unspeakable joy that God is just what He is. Some of the most rapturous moments we know will be those we spend in the reverent admiration of the Godhead. In those holy moments the thought of change in Him will be to painful to endure.'

Pursuit of God
A.W.  Tozer


I read this today while I was subbing. All I could think of is that I either need to bend to who I know God to be or I will break trying to make him fit my will. I mean, think about that. 

Do I want to bend or break?

God is the I am.
God is the Alpha and Omega.
God is. God was. God always will be.

That is altogether frightening and comforting. Life is messy. I have hurt, joy, peace, trouble, pain, comfort - maybe all in the same day! I look to God to provide for me and often I realize that I  am pleading with him and trying to get a little of 'my way' so much of time. I often feel distant, broken, troubled. God didn't change. God never moved. I did.

I want to bend. I do not want to break. I want to take God at his word and live as worship to glorify Him in my life. 

I want to bend. I do not want to break. I want to be molded and shaped into who God created me to be in order to experience LIFE, true LIFE as only he gives.

I want to bend. I do not want to break. The healing needed for broken places is incredibly needed, but excruciatingly painful.

I want to bend, but I also need healing for my broken places. I'm broken because I'm avoiding God's healing touch, not ready to give that hurt up, release it to him. God creates beauty from ashes. No matter my pain. No matter my hurt, he can handle it and use it for glory.

Now is the time. Today is the day. Let the healing begin. I will be broken no longer. I will be bent, molded, shaped, and refined. I will allow God to finish this work in me.

A potter working and molding clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment