Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kristin's Day 38/39 - Seasons of Life.

We all go through seasons of life.

Andy and Kristin's current season of life you may wonder? EXHAUSTED.

We often spend our days following Micah around, saying no - do not get in the drawer, cabinet, room, closet, drawer and drawer over and over. We pick up shoes he gets out, wears like clown feet, and dumps in random places (you should see the older kids trying to find said shoes in a rush to the bus some mornings!). I do not get dressed, unless I'm working, and I usually have food and or snot somewhere on my clothing.

The days often seem to go by so slowly, but then at the end of the day, when I'm kissing cute cheeks, and singing sweet songs I wonder...WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TODAY?

All four kids are loved, well fed, and in bed. If that is all I accomplish? That's more than enough.

Andy and I planned to spend some time together after the kids went to bed last night. We sat down on the couch and after one look at each other...we decided it was time for BED! Hopefully we'll be awake for each other tonight lol.

One of my favorite authors, Jen Hatmaker described it so well in her blog- 'The baby years are short, kind of like five minutes…underwater.' 

EXACTLY


He is so cute. I completely agree.

I think he may become an incredible defensive football player. At 18mos, he can tackle Nate (age four) TO THE GROUND. Nate then SCREAMS at the top of his lungs until we come to his aid.

See that? Dominating the 7 year old big bro. Nice.

If you are parenting littles right now? You are NOT alone. We are all feeling like we're drowning most days, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Each one of my children is an incredible blessing from God. A blessing that I get to nurture and kiss, discipline and hug daily. What a sweet exhausting special season indeed!








No comments:

Post a Comment