Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kristin's Days 35-37 - In our weakness...

I am undone. I am forgetting things that people reminded me about. I wake up in the middle of the night...HUNGRY. I feel like, physically, I'm at the end of myself. What I'm feeling on the inside? 



Yes. I feel tired on the outside, but completely content on the inside. I am looking forward to ending this fast on Sunday, but there is a part of me that is longing to continue pieces of it for the rest of my life. I feel like I set my intentions this way every year and yet every year, I stumble and fall and find myself needing to hit the reset button once again - in new ways perhaps, but just as needed each time.

The apostle Paul talked about a 'thorn in his flesh' that kept him from becoming conceited. As I read these verses today, I felt deeply identified with him. I know that the hardships, insults, and difficulties I face are VASTLY different than his, the truth revealed here applies to me and to you just as much as it did to him.


I Corinthians 12:7b - Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


This journey has caused me to reveal many weaknesses I face in my walk with Christ, my tribulations during yoga (lol), and the woes in my life as a Mom to young children. These verses make me so happy because if Paul was glad to boast about his weaknesses so that Christ's power will rest on him? ME TOO, Paul. ME TOO!


When I am weak - HE is STRONG. My physical is weak, but my spirit is soaring.


No comments:

Post a Comment