Saturday, March 14, 2015

Kelly's Day 23 or 24: Drop the Chains.



Yesterday morning, I taught a power yoga class first thing in them morning. It's only the second class I've taught at this newer studio in the area, but I love the owner's mindset. She encourages her teachers to "teach from the heart...the place where your passion comes from." That's what I did yesterday. In yoga, you typically ask people to "set an intention" for their class. Yesterday, I gave them their intention because I feel like it's what God has been teaching me lately: Forgiveness. I asked the students to think of something: bitterness, anger, resentment, hurt...that needs to GO. I mean, go for GOOD. I taught them that forgiveness is a one way street, meaning that you don't need to wait for an apology or for the person who wronged you to "make it right." I asked them why they were walking around in chains when freedom was knocking at their door? I am sorta known to say in my classes: "Do the work," meaning when we need to "hash things out with God, THIS is the time to do it...on your mat...right now" (I don't mention God in my regular yoga classes). After that, I worked them HARD. I purposefully wore my "Elle Es Forte" shirt to teach..."She is Strong." About halfway through my class, I asked them how they were doing...whether their hearts were freeing...whether they were reaching toward forgiveness. I jokingly told them "We are NOT LEAVING here today until you can walk out those doors in FREEDOM! I have ALL DAY! Today is the day. It ends here. I have a pedicure at 12:30 that I can totally cancel (it was around 9:12 at the time)!" One of the ladies replied, "We have straps back there, Kelly!" I pointed to my shirt: "I am strong." Since they were still laughing, I kept working them. As it turns out, THEY are the strong ones! And, I think I can humbly say that a few of them walked out of there in more freedom than they walked into the studio with. Of course, Jesus is the true path to REAL freedom! If that had been a Holy Yoga class...in the Name of Jesus, chains would have truly been broken.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." ~Galatians 5:1

Jesus.
Came.
For. 
Freedom.
WE put OURSELVES back into the chains, friends...WHY???

"Elle Es Forte." It's based off of Proverbs 31: 25...

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

When we are clothed in strength and dignity...in freedom...we are not clothed in chains. We are not clothed in slavery. We are clothed in victory. We are clothed in joy. That is how we can laugh at the days to come...the unknown! We enter into that unknown with the One who knows because He mapped the unknown! He is strong...when we are weak! He knows the plans He has for us...plans to PROSPER US! These plans are for FREEDOM! Why are we choosing to follow our own plans? 

Take the chains off! 
Take them OFF!
Receive freedom.

Grace and Peace~
Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment