Saturday, March 21, 2015

Kristin's Day 32 - Pain

This weekend has taught me a lot already.
My plans for visiting over Easter? BLOWN
My plans for practicing Ashtanga with Kelly's teacher? BLOWN
My plans for when we're ending this fast? Again, BLOWN.

On Thursday night, I pushed my body too far. I did a full split during Kelly's yoga class on my right leg so hey, I tried a full split on the left. POP POP POP. I pulled/strained my hamstring muscles. The pain was so intense, but I didn't want to ugly cry in front of the ladies I didn't know in the class, so I waited until they left and completely lost in front of Kelly.

It hurt to stand, it hurt to walk, stairs completely intimidated me, and driving the Saturn (stick shift) left me crying again.

While I was driving/crying, I prayed. I felt so selfish asking for God to touch me, to heal me. I wanted him to, but it felt wrong.

I realized that I rarely pray for myself. I am always praying for God to grant us favor in ministry, I plead with him to reveal himself to my hurting teenage friends, I thank him for who he is and providing for us, I ask him to guide my children and give them wisdom, I pray for my husband, and much more.

All of the things I pray for are good. I should continue praying for those things, but when I'm hurting? God wants me reach out to him. When I'm in pain, God wants me to reach out to him. When I'm happy, God wants me to reach out to him.

It's like I forgot. It's like I put myself way down on the list of living life - which isn't necessarily bad, but praying for myself is something I need to start doing again.

I asked God to heal my leg so that I could walk, drive, and live life. I asked God to be my healer. Friday was painful, but I stretched and walked. I did not give in to my injury. By last night, I was feeling pretty good and had an AWESOME night's sleep.

I woke up this morning and my leg felt like I did an intense squat work out. That kind of pain I can handle. Tonight, my pain is almost gone. I don't know the normal timetable for muscle strain, but to me? God is my healer and I am thanking him for this quick and awesome healing.

Dallas, Kelly, and the kids left for a soccer tournament and left me to a quiet morning alone. It was just what I needed. I took my time, stretched, got ready, and I'm coming to realize a few things...

1. I cannot continue to push myself like I do. I am learning my limits like never before. At 36 I am just now starting to really hone in on what I can and cannot do.
2. God wants me to pray about myself and seek him for my own personal needs.
3. I need to pray for myself in addition to the other things I pray for.

Picture of my tea and yoga mat this morning. 
The 70 degree weather here today was INCREDIBLE!!

Have you learned your limits yet? Please try cause I would never want to wish the pain of a pull/strained hamstring on ANYONE lol <3

No comments:

Post a Comment