Sunday, March 15, 2015

Kristin's Day 26: On the food front

I haven't been talking much about food here of late, so let me fill you in on what I've been filling up on.

Over the last 25 days 

-1.5 jars of organic peanut butter
- cartons of almond milk/coconut milk for smoothies/sauces
- numerous containers of strawberries
- several bags of carrots
- onions
- mushrooms
- black beans
- chick peas - canned/roasted
- salsa
- guacamole
- apples
- frozen mango chunks
- containers of baby spinach
- kale - softened in recipes/baked into chips
- plantain chips
- cans of diced tomatoes
- organic salsa
- boxes of mushrooms
- cans of non-lard refried beans
- almond meal/tapioca flour mixed into bread
- hummus
- 100% juice of various varieties
- sweet tri color peppers
- potatoes
- lentils
- green beans
- broccoli
- peas
- clementines
- cashews - raw/soaked
- chia seeds
- pumpkin
- cauliflower 
- fake vegan gluten free cheese (FAIL) - I made a pretty tasty sauce from this once, but the smell. I just can't anymore.
- bean noodles (FAIL)

Have all been consumed by me. I mix them up into recipes, eat them raw, dip them, or sauté them into meals. Listing all of that out actually makes me feel better. Somedays I feel like I can't eat anything, but this list proves that I'm eating quite a bit!

Spices, olive oil, and coconut oil are the one-way trip to flavor town for me. Curry, cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are staples.

TONIGHT, my sister Janelle, let me borrow a tool that's gonna change it up a little!! I've already made two dishes from it.


Dish #1
Dinner: Zucchini Spaghetti with mushrooms, spinach, salsa, and broiled curried tofu
Side note: I used to stay away tofu, but I found non-GMO and I'm giving it a go!

Dish #2
Dessert - Apple noodles seasoned with cinnamon and vanilla extract drizzled with peanut butter
Side note: This may look like, ahem gross, but it was DELICIOUS!!!

In case you haven't guessed, she brought me a spiral vegetable slicer that makes thick/thin noddles and ribbon noodles. It's AWESOME!! I may need to watch out for one on sale here soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment