Monday, March 9, 2015

Kristin's Day 20 - TV ~ I miss it.

Warning: Gripe session about to commence

Mondays are the WORST for me. I know, I know they are the worst for most people. I get it. Let me explain. Mondays are lonely and long for me. Andy leaves at 4:30am and returns at 8pm to PJ, teeth brushed ready for bed kids, meaning that all matter of care for all four children is on me the whole day. That's not so bad, but with Micah? Dude.

I'm the 'on-the-go' Mom. Library, park, pool, shopping, indoor play place - that's my natural Mommy habitat. I am not good at sitting on the floor playing pretend with matchbox cars or My Little Pony. I read books, but I am beyond craft challenged.

I'm a little at a loss currently because the library is NOT a good place for Micah. Last time we went, I had to strap him into the stroller and make sure that he was not near the book shelves...in the library. It was really, really tough.

You get the picture. We go out sometimes, but most Mondays are spent at home, all day.

Sidenote: I tried to take Micah out to play today, but he went straight for a huge puddle and immediately starting screaming. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Micah immensely - most of the time. He is an awesome kid. However his current stage of babydom is keeping this Mommy on a bit of a lock down.

Young Life is a great ministry for Andy and I to be in, but the amount of time it takes leaves me with pretty much NO time to build relationships with other adult women who are moms to do play dates.

Y'all I'm lonely and I'm not watching TV.  Today was not a good day. I was on FB a lot just so I could have something to do. I tried to read, but Nate is an announcer type that talks a whole bunch and interrupted me no less than 20 times in 10 minutes.

I miss TV! I miss getting into a show and even though I need to pause it a whole bunch before I finish watching- it helps me not get crazy stressed out somehow.



I've prayed, done devotionals today, but I'm #done right now and Andy doesn't get home for another 80 minutes...

I read this in Pursuit of God, Chapter 7, The Gaze of the Soul today:

'Many have found the secret of which I speak and, without giving much thought to what is going on within them, constantly practice this habit of inwardly gazing upon God. They know that something inside their hearts sees God. Even when they are compelled to withdraw their conscious attention in order to engage in earthly affairs is within them secret communion always going on. Let their attention but be released for a moment from necessary business and it flies at once to God again.'

I want Christ to be my focus, my all in all. I don't want to miss TV. I mean it sounds kinda silly, doesn't it?  But, that's where I am today. Missing trivial TV shows and trying to figure out what to do with this stress that is built up within me before I lose it on my kids.

Only 65 more minutes to go before I can retreat into some silence for a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment