Monday, March 23, 2015

Kristin's Days 33/34 - It's time

Hey!!!

I am officially back home from sunny South Carolina. My nose will not stop running - I think it's crying because we are back in 40 degree temps!

It's time.

It's time to wind this fast down. Over the last 33 days, I've added restrictions on myself knowing that I needed to release things like TV, candy crush, french fries, and tortilla chips. During our past fasts, I've relied on these things more than I should to 'get me through.' The time without them proves that I do have enough self discipline not to give into some of my temptations. I hope that I continue growth in this area!

Now that God has officially messed up the plan I had to end this with Kelly on April 3rd, I sought him on when I should end. I feel I need to continue until day 40 - this Sunday. Over the next few days, I will be adding TV, candy crush - kinda like a 're-entry' back into reality lol.

I'm almost finished reading 'Pursuit of God' by A.W. Tozer. The chapter I finished last night was called - Meekness and Rest.

Get this...(man, he, himself, and etc are changed)

'The meek Kristin is not a human mouse afflicted with a sense of my own inferiority. Rather I may be in my moral life as bold as a lion and as strong as Samson; but I have stopped being fooled about myself. I have accepted God's estimate of my own life. I know I am as weak and helpless as God has declared me to be, but paradoxically, I know at the same time that I am in the sight of God of more importance than angels. In myself, nothing; in God, everything. That is my motto. I know well that the world will never see me as God sees me and I have stopped caring.'

How FREEING is that?? I feel like this chapter sums up much of what I've been traveling through during this fast. I am learning a lot about myself and I am not afraid to be real and authentic about where I am. God is revealing himself to me in new ways during this journey and I am honored to be able to participate in such a practice as fasting.

On another note, I had a DELICIOUS breakfast this morning! You know that bread I was talking about a couple weeks ago? I decided to make it sweet. I topped it with PB, all fruit preserves, and maple syrup.


This 'bread' works both ways - savory and sweet!!
Recipe:
Equal parts Blanched Almond Flour OR Almond Meal
                                   Tapioca Flour
                                    Water
Then have fun!!
Savory - Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder or whatever you'd like
Sweet - Cinnamon, vanilla extract, a touch of maple syrup, and a dash of salt or whatever you'd like

Have a great rest of your Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment