Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kelly's Day ONE...AGAIN.

Welcome Back, faithful "beyond vegan-ers." Yeah...No. We are gonna have to come up with a better name, but that's an aside.

It's Lent...again.
We're doing it...again.
Why? ...no idea.
Actually, I have an idea. It goes like this: Kristin and I are BFFs (that's Best Friends Forever, in case you did NOT grow up in America, where every elementary aged girl bought that Best/Friends heart necklace from Claire's and gave it to a girl who ended up losing it). We come up with these ideas sometimes that sound like a better idea before you jump into it. For example, the Polar Bear Challenge, or that time I said, "Why don't you just drive down (an 8 hour drive)...TODAY," to which she replied, "Okay!" Consequently, she showed up six hours later. She drives like a bat Straight outta Compton (jk). She drives like a bat outta hell. Pray for her and for those in the car with her, and for those driving on the road around her, and for the guys working in those "SLOW DOWN-KEEP US ALIVE" zones. Just pray, people, okay? Sheesh! I don't know why we do the things we do. It keeps us on our toes, and it make her feel like she's not so dang far away. In case you don't know us, I'm in South Carolina. She's in Pennsylvania, and if you don't know WHY this friendship exists, neither did the Confederates and the Yankees, folks. Get over it.

Anyway. We have sort of switched things up again, and I'm already not sure it's going to work out for me. We decided to add grains this year, so for those of you who couldn't quite understand when we told you in years past that we are ONLY eating fruits, veggies, beans and nuts, to which you replied, "OH, the Daniel Fast," to which WE replied, "NO. Do your homework. Daniel ate grains." NOW...go ahead and ask us if it's a Daniel fast. I would say yes this year. And, it might prompt me to read the book of Daniel, which I have tried to steer clear of since Beth Moore turned it into what seemed like Astrophysics to me with her bible study.

Thanks to my new friend, Jada, who make some MAD juice that I order from her on Tuesdays and Fridays, I had 20 oz of green juice today, some rice crackers and some rice. I'm planning to eat some more rice and then some oats and grains for dinner, and then maybe some more rice. See the problem? The grains might have to go. I'll see how it goes.

So, there we have it. We're at it again. We will blog again. We will hopefully fill you up with inspiration and fun times along the way...I mean, aren't you inspired to take a road trip to visit your bestie or to run to Claire's to buy her a BFF necklace already? I AM! !)

But, to get to the heart of this fast, it's all for LOVE. The story of Jesus is the greatest love story of all time, and after teaching on 1 Corinthians 13 last night, I saw it in a new light.

"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, 'Jump,' and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1 Cor. 13 The Message 

This hit home last night. Do you mean to tell me that I can give great speeches, I can pray and have faith that will move MOUNTAINS, I can give EVERYTHING away, I can be martyred, but if I'm NOT ABOUT LOVE, 
I.
AM.
NOTHING?!!!

Answer: Yes.
Ouch.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment