Friday, February 12, 2016

Kelly's Day 3: LOW ENERGY.

Energy is LOW.
Loooooooooow.

I don't know what else to say about this day. I just don't think I took in enough calories overall.

I DID drink "Kelly Magic" this morning! It's a juice my Ashtanga sidekick, Jada, made for me per my request, and consequently named after me (I'm trying to muster up as much humility in telling you this as possible, but truly speaking, I'm pretty pumped that I have a juice named after me). This juice, friends, is ORANGE (the sweetest oranges you ever did put in your mouth), grapefruit (not too sour, not too sweet), CAYENNE (ZAP!), 1 tsp of maple syrup, which I just found out about this morning and decided it's okay...only in Kelly Magic Juice, and lemon. It's SO VERY, VERY GOOD. I would drink a gallon a day if I could afford it. If y'all have followed our fasts of the past, you know one year I drank 6 gallons of OJ during our 40 days. So, I might set up a "Go fund me" account to pay for "Kelly Magic" for the next 40 days. Joke.

My kids did not have school today (teacher inservice). So, I took my Haitian sons to get their haircut at the barbershop. Then, we went to lunch and out to see Kung Fu Panda in 3D. One of my friends took her children to the art museum. I guess I'll get "Coolest Mom" award while she's nominated for "Nobel Award for Motherhood." It's all good! We ran into two other "Cool Moms" and a total of four other kid friends (not to mention Darby's assistant teacher) at this show. We took up the entire row. It's how we roll. It was one of those "You bring the popcorn and skittles. We will eat all of it" situations. Marcela, if you're reading this, I'm sure I owe you about 14 dollars' worth of popcorn.

I have been ruminating over this quote from Pope Francis:

"I distrust a charity that costs nothing and does not hurt."

Every cause that I have been called to put my every effort into has ended up costing money, and has left me entirely spent (in a good way). When you SPEND yourself on the behalf of others, when you GIVE of your talents and time in areas in which you are naturally gifted, "giving 'til it hurts" doesn't hurt so much. In fact, it's rejuvenating, exciting, life giving! If we believe in the mission of the "charity," the cost should count for nothing. If you're passionate about the homeless, spend your talents, time and money! Give it away! That is a cause that is close to the Lord' heart! Is your heart tender toward the special needs community? Give in that area! I've got a couple ideas of where you can serve, give, or even practice yoga to benefit the special needs community! Does the idea that a woman would sell her body for profit on the streets break your heart wide open? I know a guy. He rehabs women, places them in homes and trains them. He and his wife surround these women with people who will love them, counsel them, and get them back on their feet, and those feet should not ever hit the streets again when his program is finished with them! But, NONE of these ideas are something you can throw money at and walk away. Give money, YES, but SPEND yourself on their behalf!

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, 
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, 
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and
thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed ar the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted 
because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5: 3-10  








No comments:

Post a Comment