Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day One - Back at it like a Habit

Yep! Here we are...again. This marks year five for me. This yearly journey is one that I hate and love at the same time. Do you have something in your life like that??

Year One - It was ALL about the FOOD. Kelly and I were basically food dumb to be blunt. We learned so much about what is in and what it takes to grow, produce, and choose food carefully.

Year Two - I was pregnant and ventured on without my partner, Kelly. I tried to fast from some foods, but ended up losing almost seven pounds - great any other time in life, but NOT while 3 months pregnant lol! SO, I switched gears and fasted from Facebook instead.

Year Three - It wasn't easy, but the food restrictions started to not be a big deal. What God was teaching me spiritually overshadowed anything I limited. Kelly and Dallas were STILL waiting on brining their boys home that year. We fasted and prayed to open doors, complete processes and in the final days of Lent that year - that is EXACTLY what happened. Faubert and Jean Marie finally came home. God is SO good.

Year Four - At this point my body was used to me stripping it of certain things and again the spiritual take-aways were HUGE. I added a yoga practice and learned plenty about my limits through injury and pushing myself too hard. Super good lessons.

Today starts Year Five - I'm going straight up Vegan - no further restrictions food wise. All the King Candy games were deleted from my phone and social media will be limited to 3x per day. Unless I'm folding laundry or watching with someone else, the TV will remain off and I'll detox from my Netflix binges.


This year's binge feast included:
Hart of Dixie
Gilmore Girls
Downton Abbey (Amazon Prime)
When Calls the Heart
One Tree Hill
Royal Pains
Cedar Cove
White Collar
And various Season 1/Episode 1s that didn't make the binge cut.
How did I fit all of that TV watching in with being a YL leader, mom of 4, wife, occasional substitute teacher, yoga, yoga teacher training, and traveling? I have NO idea. I just have issues...that's what.


3 comments:

  1. Hey! Remember? Year two, I started, got two or three weeks in, but I was not in a good place, and I was mad and resentful toward God, and the fast was only adding to the anger and resentment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely remember and we're just gonna acknowledge that it happened and journey on! #keeppounding

      Delete