Monday, February 22, 2016

Kristin's Day 13 - Over and out...

Hey! I know that I'm not blogging much, but there's a reason for that. This fast is about denying myself and realigning with Christ. If you know me at all, you know that I'm always with my phone. I post yoga pictures to Instagram daily and check my feed/notifications more times a day than I can count. I snapchat. I get on Facebook most of the time not to post, but to see how my friends are doing or what they're up to.

I AM CONSTANTLY ON A SCREEN.
Still. Even after being on this fast 13 days. 
Even after deleting games. Even after turning my notifications off.

Phone. Computer. TV. Tablet. You name it, chances are I'm on it. And I'm not reading some great Christian book or the bible. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS. I'm thirteen days into a fast and still captivated by silly, silly, SILLY things. Don't get me wrong. I love Instagram and the yoga community on it. I love staying in touch with my friends and family on Facebook, but as I'm venturing on in this fast, I feel like God is making this scripture come alive in ways that I've never experienced before.

Psalm 119:133 - Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.

Hebrews 12:1 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross.

As Young Life leaders, we have prayed for a major move of God to happen at the local high school. We've been praying for years. Recently, I've starting praying for repentance to come. Not so kids would be ashamed, but so they can be CHANGED. I want to see them seek God as the source of life and not all of the trappings of this world. As I'm praying more and seeking more, I'm learning that the repentance I'm praying for needs to begin with me. 

So, I'm THROWING OFF anything in my way and that includes Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. These silly things will not rule over me. It's time to pull up my sleeves and get down to it.

Love you all, but I'm pulling the plug until March 26th. Over and out...

Kristin xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment