Saturday, February 13, 2016

Kelly's Day 4: Romance

Grains make ALL the difference, folks.
Truly, they do.

I woke up this morning with a headache. I NEVER get headaches. Detox is serious stuff, people. WHAT does my body THINK it NEEDS?!

I made oatmeal this morning. Plain and simple. Chopped up some green apple. Heavenly. I wasn't hungry for FOUR HOURS! For lunch, I brought out my trusty rice cooker and steamed some rice with water and coconut milk (my Haitian son told me that's how they do it in Haiti). Heated up some Chickpeas, tossed said chickpeas in with the rice, olive oil, paprika, cumin, Liquid Aminos, salt. YES, PLEASE! My kids loved it, too! And, five hours later, I'm still not hungry! I just made my family homemade baked ziti. Normally, this would throw me over the deep end (wherever that is), but I don't want it or need it. Unfortunately for Kristin, I texted her a pic of the cheesy goodness that I broiled on top of my baked ziti. The girl loves cheese.

I'm feeling a little torn here. This isn't so incredibly hard on year five. It's like my body knew this was coming and relented. Yes, the headache. Yes, my digestive system is adjusting. It just isn't as HARD as it has been in the past...specifically, the first three years. I think it's the rice and grains.

Valentines Day has got me thinking: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!!" Why don't I care about romance?! I'm not the sappy, "gimme flowers and chocolate or gimme death" girl that wears pink and decorates everything with hearts. I don't need a card (trash) or a fancy dinner at an overcrowded restaurant where I have to yell my conversation and pay $28 for a bottle of wine that I can buy for $14 at Publix. Jewelry? Most of it just gets in the way. What is wrong with me? Isn't there somewhere in the depths that craves romance and lovey dovey sap-fest? I think I know the answer: YES. We were created with the intention to love and be loved. We were created to be a part of the greatest "Rider on a white horse" type of romance novel! We have been offered a rescue. I LOVE that story, so WHY don't I care for that story to play out tangibly in my marriage? I mean, I think that, as women, we ALL want to be cherished, pursued, desired...but romanced? Do I not think I'm worthy of romance? I don't think that's it, but I can't put my finger on it. I have no answers. So, Happy Valentines Day (tomorrow) to all of you sappy, sparkly, chocolate eatin', flower receivin', card readin', lovey-dovey ladies and gentlemen! May your restaurant wait be ev-ah in your favah.

And, I could use an Oreo McFlurry right now, but that's an aside. !)



No comments:

Post a Comment