Friday, February 27, 2015

Kristin's Days 9 & 10 - I am SICK and bean pasta sucks.

What gives? I now have a cold that is knocking the SNOT out of me. Like. Literally.


I went to bed at approximately 8pm last night and did not bother with a post. Honestly, I don't feel like doing one now, but...yep.

Yesterday was an average day - staying at home with Nate and Micah. We did go out to Act II (a local consignment store in Maugansville) because Peyton needed pants and Micah needed shirts/shoes. I scored on both fronts. Two pairs of pants/PJs for Peyton, Nike sneaks, and four shirts/PJs for Micah at $25? AWESOME! If you don't go, you should.

We then ventured to Martin's. I researched this no diary/no soy/gluten free cheese from Diaya. It seemed legit and I wanted to try a recipe out. I also stocked up on fruits and veggies. The price of raw cashews make me wanna cry a thousand tears of sorrow. WHY are they SO expensive?? Eh, I got a pound anyway. I will go back to BJs and pick up their two pound pack - it's a bit cheaper.

For dinner last night, I tried an 'Alfredo' recipe with my new found 'cheese'. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Here's the recipe: Mushroom and Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo | Daiya Foods



I mixed it with the bean pasta. Ugh. DO NOT buy bean pasta. It takes all of the saliva in your mouth to swallow each bite. I wish I could've extracted the sauce somehow, but eh. I ate it anyway.

Today was super hard. All of my joints ache and I feel like...well...just terrible. I had to pray through most of the day that God would grant me the strength to do what I needed to do without losing it on my kids. God granted that prayer and I got through the day! Phew.



I made this for lunch: Warm Potato and Chickpea salad 
It was so good, Andy had some and loved it!!!


God is giving me grace and strength - my physical is lacking, but my spiritual is refocusing. I feel like I'm at the optometrist hearing 'One or Two' 'A or B'. He is sharpening my focus because it got fuzzy over the year. The fast is acting as a 'check up' so far.

Have you ever just sat down at the end of the day, in the quiet and thought about how even though you are tired, even though you just wanna go to bed, God was with you ALL day. I can't say I ever consciously felt his presence today, but as I write this - I know he was with me. He gave me words to say in what could've been an awkward and hard conversation, he gave me grace when Micah ripped apart the boys' closet and threw tantrums, he gave me love when Peyton was a LOUD tornado running through the house, and patience when Nate talked, and talked, and talked, and talked, AND TALKED. God was with me today and he is with you right now. What an awesome God we serve!












1 comment: