Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Kristin's Day 8 - Warning...

Warning. If you come near me at any given moment, I may or may not smell funny.


Y'all. This plant based diet (haven't eaten chicken in a few days) is giving me GAS like no other. Like, sorry if that grosses you out, but straight up? It is major. I think I could be a life preserver because I have so much air in my system.

What gives? I thought this was supposed to help with digestion and all that jazz. Maybe it gets worse before it gets better? LOL. Yep, that's my life currently.

In other news, I subbed again today. I'm wiped, but working so much in the last two weeks makes me miss teaching. It almost makes me wanna go back. ALMOST. Eh, if anything, I'll just become a full-time sub. That way I get to see a lot of students!

During my down time at school, I picked up 'The Pursuit of God' by Tozer. I read five chapters over the summer and didn't finish it. I have to read it very slowly because of the wording, but it is an incredible book. I tend to write down excerpts of books as I read, so I can think them over and talk about them. My favorite paraphrase from today is:

The bible is limited to ink and paper but the voice of God is alive and free. God's word in the bible can have power only because it corresponds to God's word in the universe. God's word is ALIVE and ACTIVE!!!

LOVE IT! We serve a God who is ALIVE and ACTIVE and still speaking today. I pray that God would continue to work in and through me so that I may know his voice like a child knows the voice of their Mama.



Food:
Breakfast: banana and tea (I always drink Hot Cinnamon Spice cause I'm COLD)
Lunch: Refried beans with peppers/onions, guac with carrots, and apple slices dipped in PB mixed with raisins
Snack: Tea and raisins
Dinner: A baked potato with sautéed mushrooms/spinach cooked in olive oil and sprinkled with nutritional yeast flakes
Snack: Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment