Sunday, February 22, 2015

Kelly's Day 5: Be of Good Cheer!

In the past, when we have done this fast, my body has been exhausted. My energy has been LOW. I have had to give up all physical activity after about two weeks in my fasts of the past (like my little rhyme?). I've really been praying that this time would be different. I've been praying that my body would respond like Daniel's responded when he asked the Babylonian King if he could forego eating the foods the Babylonians ate (Daniel was collected from the Israelites to be a servant for the King). Because of Daniel's belief in God, he believed that by assimilating into that culture by eating their food, he would defile himself. He asked permission to eat only vegetables and drink only water, but their supervisor was hesitant. After some discussion, the official agreed to give Daniel a 10 day "trial" period.

"At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead." Daniel 1: 15, 16.

I practice a pretty intense lineage of yoga called Ashtanga Yoga. I sweat a LOT during my hour and a half-2 hour practice 5-6 days a week. I'm talking, wring your clothes out after practice...sweat. Take a change of clothes and unmentionables because you're soaking wet...sweat. No, I'm not kidding. It's intense. The practice of Ashtanga Yoga does not lend itself to skipping days, much less weeks. I also have two more children to chase around and run around and keep up with this go around. So, I'm praying that my body will not LOOK, but will BE healthier and better nourished this time.

This morning, I had a HUGE fruit smoothie after my Ashtanga practice.

Later in the afternoon, my hubby and I went to a fun get together with my Ashtangi peeps! I knew I'd strike it rich in the food department there. Kale chips. Vegan chili. Avocado slices...Oh MY!

Ate some fries for dinner. Snacked on carrots and hummus. Had a seed "granola bar" with peanut butter on top (it looked like a bird feeder but was actually really good).
Probably making a small fruit smoothie for dessert.

I heard an awesome message about "being of good cheer" in church this morning! Pastor gave us a great reminder on checking yourself to make sure you are allowing the Holy Spirit to FREELY flow in your life...something I ask of God every single morning before I begin my yoga practice. :) And, he blessed us with Numbers 6: 24-26:

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Grace and Peace be yours in abundance!
~Kelly

1 comment: