Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kelly's Day 7: "Cheese," Profiteroles and Still Waters.

Today was a smorgasbord of events. I had my typical "get the kids to school" drill. I teach a yoga class at 9:15 on Tuesdays, but the last two Tuesdays have been canceled or "no-shows" because of snow. I practiced my Ashtanga practice at the studio like I always do on Tuesdays. I had a massage. Hit up Chipotle for a salad. I went to my daughter's Girls on the Run club to teach them some stretches to do before/after running. Came home and did the homework drill, made dinner, and then made dessert with my budding Chef Naomi. Throw in two trips to Walmart, and voila! You have my Tuesday.

I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
Chipotle salad for lunch.
Vegan quesadillas for dinner.

Can we have a little discussion about vegan cheese? Whole Foods ran out of pre shredded vegan cheese, so I bought a block of this orange "cheddar." I'm talking ORANGE, folks. As in, GO CLEMSON! After gagging while shredding it due to the slopping noise, Dallas took over. That stuff doesn't melt. Soybeans should be outlawed. Disgusting. HOWEVER. If you close your eyes while you eat it, it actually tastes pretty flavorful.

My daughter, Naomi, keeps checking out cookbooks from the school library. I can't figure out if she's actually just interested in cooking, or if perhaps she is trying to get out of actually reading. Either way, she checks out these cookbooks from different countries. We have the French one right now, and she wanted to make profiteroles before she had to return the book, hence Walmart trip #2. I'm typically one to mess up pastries and fancy baked goods. I have two "go to" chocolate cakes and one most amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe, but aside from that, I fail. Don't ask about my "15 layer Lemon Cake" episode. First of all, cakes should have no more than two layers. Fifteen? Come on! Who are you trying to impress? I digress. The information I just served you is valuable. You needed to know that so that you can appreciate my victory! All it took was a simple Elementary School 3rd grade level cookbook! !) I have no idea how they taste, but my French friend said they looked amazing from the pictures and made her miss home. I'm not about making people homesick, but I have to be real here...it felt good to have a French lady tell me they looked legit. And, my friend, Agnes, is proof that the "Dumb and Dumber" guys are wrong. The French are NOT "A-holes." !) Just sayin'.


Yep. I made that.
Wish you were here.

Overall, it was a very busy day. I do better when I'm busy. Down time mades me tired. Bored. It makes me think too much. I had about 30 minutes in the yoga studio where I just put on a Christian music playlist, stretched my hips and worshiped. Did I sit down with my Bible today for some vigorous study that lead me on a wild goose chase through Scripture...devouring God's very word? No. Today, I sat at the foot of Jesus between running around. It was a perfect "He leads me beside still waters" moment. 

"The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows."~Psalm 23. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment