Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kristin's Day 7

I had to look at our past posts to figure out what day we were on...

WHOOP WHOOP - ONE WEEK, DONE!!!!!!!

Today was a SUPER long day. We had a Young Life crew stay the night to go wake a poor unsuspecting girl up this morning at 6am. See the results:


I subbed again today. Working is actually good for me. When I am at home all day, I am left to be tempted by coffee, food, TV, computer, and more haha. Working gives a schedule I have to follow and subbing for this particular teacher means I have no cell service and very limited internet access! 

During planning, I starting reading Galatians and I could not get past one verse. I even tried to read further, but this verse just kept bringing my attention back to it.

Galatians 1:15-16 - "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man."

Paul wrote this about himself. Paul's transformation from Saul was HUGE. To think a man, who once murdered Christians was set apart from birth and God was pleased to reveal his Son in him? In a word? Crazy. Not only did this murderer's life completely change, but he went on to reach thousands with this good news of Jesus and write a bunch of the bible! I chewed on this most of the day and even talked to Andy about it.

God, who set Kristin apart from birth and called me by his grace. God is pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among...WASHS, family, and friends. Whoa.

We had Young Life club tonight. My high school friends face so much more drama and ridiculousness than I ever did when I was their age. When I see them at school or at Young Life, I wonder if they understand this love that changed my life. I wonder if they know God set them apart and is PLEASED to reveal his love in them so in turn they can reveal this amazing, incredible, indescribable love to others. I pray that someday they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment