Monday, February 23, 2015

Kristin: Spicy Roasted Chick Peas - Delish!

I added chicken and eliminated corn, soy, TV, and french fries. At this point, I'm eating chicken once a day. Kelly and I are taking somewhat different approaches this year, but that's ok.

I'm a stay at home mom most days. My usual morning includes dragging myself out of bed, making coffee, getting the kids breakfast, packing lunches, getting older kids off to school, and the TODAY show. Today is the first day I actually miss TV and snacks.

So what's a girl to do? Cook. That's what.

I remembered that I made a board on pinterest.com last year during our fast. Wonder if I have the ingredients for any of those recipes? I did!!

Spicy Roasted Chick Peas.

http://www.shugarysweets.com/2014/01/spicy-roasted-chickpeas

The only problem is that she recommends shelling the skins of two cans of chick peas. That sounds easy enough, but really? It took forty minutes. Between Nate wanting to help and ditching me, Micah getting into stuff every 5 minutes and then pooping? The process took awhile.

In the end, I had a whole bowl of chick pea skin. The skins have some nutritional value right? 
Idk, I didn't want to throw them out, so I sautéed them in a little olive oil and salt. 
Surprise! Delicious. Almost like bacon. ALMOST.
The final result was a Pinterest win! These chick peas are crunchy, flavorful, and delicious. 
The downside? The process takes awhile, but I think it's worth it. I have eaten most of the bowl. Sigh.

The next thing I wanna try? Cheesy (but not real cheese) Kale chips. The post CLAIMS they taste like cheezit (my most favoritest snack). I'm skeptical, but we'll see!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment