Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kristin's Day 2 - Working Moms, I salute you.

I normally substitute in our local high school on average, 4 times per month. This week, I took three sub jobs on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday(today). Working moms, I salute you. I'm totally spent and Andy spends the night at his job tonight...dudeman.

In addition to working, Andy and I host Young Life Club (Tuesdays) and Young Life Campaigners (Wednesday).

Let me just tell you, I'm typing the first part of this blog at 12:30pm and I can barely keep my eyes open. A student in my 4th period told me I looked tired today. Nice.

For Breakfast: Cinnamon Tea and a banana
For Lunch: Green Pepper with hummus, sliced apple with PB, raw carrots and mushrooms. I also drank some green veggie/fruit juice that I think is actually delicious. It has a coconut after taste that's a bit strange but I'm down for it.

THEN...as I was starting the Hamlet video for 6th period, I see a text come across my phone:

'Micah might've swallowed a thumb tack and I need to know if I should take him for an X-ray'

1. I'm no longer tired
2. I'm the sub. The irony here is rich.
3. I leave my class, go in the hallway, and call the pediatrician. To the ER we go.

THANKFULLY there was no sharp pointy object in my son. Phew.



Snack: Smoothie
Dinner: Some bean thread, mushroom, spinach, garlic thing that was half way decent
Snack: Smashed banana mixed with PB

Tomorrow I will be here at home and I sure need to be!! The laundry is gonna eat me alive if I don't attack it. Again, working moms? I salute you. When do you get housework done?

No comments:

Post a Comment