Monday, February 23, 2015

Kristin's Day 6: Hello my Name is...

Hello, my name is Kristin. I am not self-disciplined and often lack self-control. I do not do well if I try to do things on my own. If I want to exercise, I join a class. If I want to study the bible, I join a bible study. I start things well, but often don't finish.
I binge watch Netflix/Amazon Instant Video. I watched all 9 seasons of Gossip Girl in two months, all 5 seasons of the Good Wife in a month, and 4 seasons of the Hart of Dixie in about two weeks.
When I sit down with a container of tortilla chips or cheezit, I ALWAYS eat more than I intended.



Kristin Friedman: Lack of Self Control Extraordinaire


Since I am not watching TV, I am noticing that I am on Facebook more. I am watching the videos in my newsfeed and spending more time in front of the the computer than I ever do normally. I made myself a snack today because I was bored. (See post:Spicy Roasted Chick Peas) I ended up eating the ENTIRE bowl. I felt terrible afterward. I actually texted Kelly.
It shined a beacon on a weakness in my life. Look, I read Made to Crave. I understand the signs, but I have never allowed the Holy Spirit to cultivate these fruits in my life. Even in my fast, I am just transferring my idols into 'fast approved' things. Lord, help me. In fact, before this fast, I knew I needed to do this, like BAD. I sent this to Kelly two days before we started (sorry for the language, but 'stuff' or 'crap' just didn't capture my thoughts).
I need this fast. God doesn't need me to do this fast. I need it. I need to hit 'reset' and allow the Holy Spirit to work in me. I humbly pray this over my life today.

"But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to this cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another." (Galatians 5:22-26 NLT emphasis added)

Food:
Breakfast: An avacado halfed/heated 45 seconds with salt and pepper, tea, and a clementine
Snack: almost half my daily calories in a Chick Pea snack (sigh)
Frankly the rest of the day doesn't matter, right?

Peace, love, and hugs,
me
PS: I will be singing this over and over for the rest of my life. The words are true, but this truth in my life will take a lifetime to grow.






2 comments: